SEO can be a pain in the ass; specifically for an entrepreneur or a digital marketer.
But there are a huge number of websites of crappy data, misinformation or outdated data about how to become an SEO expert.
Here’s the great news. There is more than enough FREE training materials available. So that you can too become an SEO expert.
The key, of course, is to know what’s important. After that you need to learn those things. That doesn’t mean that you need to be a genius in other sectors. You just need to handle the basic site optimization things.
Let’s hop into the main section to become an SEO expert in Bangladesh.
Technical SEO refers to those actions, which are important for website or server level design. So that it can improve search results. Those actions helps crawling, indexing and rendering of websites.
The main motive is to get as many pages indexed and ranking as possible. To be an SEO expert you need to learn the technical seo part.
Here are some courses and guides that will help you with your technical SEO skills:
Technical SEO Courses
- Advanced SEO: Developing an SEO-Friendly Website: This Lynda.com course covers a wide range of technical SEO factors.
- Advanced Search Engine Optimization Strategies:This Coursera course helps the Lynda.com course by providing some insights.
Technical SEO Guides
- Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide: Google has written the book on best practices for on site optimization. This 32-page guide was intended to be used as an internal document.
- Search Engine Optimization for WordPress: With a market share of 33 percent, it knows maybe a little something about optimizing a WordPress site.
“Great content” is no longer a huge shit. But it is a important to ensure the organic success.
As one of three Google ranking factors, you need to understand the content that helps both users and the Google algorithm. To be an SEO expert you need to learn these things.
These courses and guides will help:
Content Marketing Courses
- The Strategy of Content Marketing: This Coursera course is a partnership between Copyblogger and UC Davis. The course teaches students how to analyze and measure the effectiveness of a content marketing campaign.
- HubSpot Content Marketing Certification: In this course, students learn how to apply methods for creating and promoting a content marketing program.
Content Marketing Guides
- What Works in Content Marketing: This is Search Engine Journal’s FREE ebook. This guide includes Case Studies and Tools for Content Marketing Success.
- Content Marketing 101: A Free Guide for Beginners or Pros: This free Udemy guide combines video and downloadable resources.
Schema markup is a form of microdata. It creates an rich description (a.k.a. rich snippet), which appears in search results.
Schema provides added context to a page which can be useful to both users and search engines. Schema often provides context to a page too. To be an SEO expert, you need to know about this.
No one is offering free courses on schema. But there are some guides on the topic:
- Getting started with schema.org using Microdata: This Schema.org guide focuses on Microdata. It shows examples in both RDFa and JSON-LD.
- Understand how structured data works: This explains how to add different types of structured data to a simple HTML page. This includes where to place the microdata and how to use it.
- How to Use Schema Markup for SEO: This WordStream guide will help you to make your site easy to find for stupid machines.
Google is working hard to understand the context of search queries. Their goal is to return search results aligned with searcher intent.
If your website doesn’t conform to Google’s understanding of intent for a keyword, there is nothing you can do to reach the top of the SERPs.
For that reason, it’s very important to convert any traffic to drive to your page. To become an SEO expert, you need to capture that too.
The following courses and guides will help you to understand:
User Intent Courses
- Learning Conversion Rate Optimization: In this Lynda.com course, you will learn busting CRO myths, identifying goals, understanding your target audience and more.
- Conversion Rate Optimization Courses: This Hubspot course helps you to learn a system for prompting web visitors to take a desired action on a webpage.
User Intent Guides
- The Definitive How-to Guide for Conversion Rate Optimization: A Moz guide which presents a clear and defined process for conversion rate optimization.
- The Complete A/B Testing Kit: Kissmetrics and HubSpot have put together a package with everything one needs to start running A/B tests right away.
Page speed can affect on both traffic and conversions.
According to Google, “the average time it takes to load a mobile landing page is 22 seconds. 53 percent of mobile site visitors leave a page that takes longer than three seconds to load.”
In short, fast page speed equals a good user experience. Slow page speed equals a poor user experience.
For that reason, Google now uses page speed as a ranking factor. So, wanna be an SEO expert? Learn these things too.
If you need help with speed, check out these courses and guides:
Website Speed Courses
- Website Performance Optimization by Google: This Udacity course teaches students how to optimize a website for speed.
- Browser Rendering Optimization by Google: This Udacity course teaches students how to build web applications that react quickly.
Website Speed Guides
- A beginner’s guide to website optimization: This freeCodeCamp guide helps users to learn the basics of page speed optimization.
- A curated list of Web Performance Optimization Materials: A GitHub resource filled with links to articles, blogs, books, docs, events people and talks related to Website Speed Optimization.
To be clear, I’m referring to the types of links that supports by Google webmaster guidelines.
Check out these guides and courses if you want to be an SEO expert:
Link Building Courses
- SEO Link Building Basics: This Udemy course offers an introduction to link building.
- Backlink Training: This MonitorBacklinks tutorial covers the basics of backlinks.
Link Building Guides
- Illustrated Guide to Link Building: Search Engine Journal has compiled a comprehensive guide that shows, how to execute different link building techniques.
- The Noob Friendly Guide to LinkBuilding: This guide is created by Ahrefs. It goes beyond theory and teaches actionable, link building skills.
Remember this, mobile search is local search. Fifty percent of all mobile searches have a local intent. To be an SEO expert you need some Local SEO skill set.
Improve your skills by checking out these courses and guides:
Local SEO Courses
- Beginner Local SEO | The Foundations of What Google Wants: This Udemy course teaches students Local SEO basics.
- Local SEO Course: 10x Your Local Customers: This Udemy course teaches on page optimization, link building and more.
Local SEO Guides
- The Ultimate Guide to Local SEO Ranking: A large part of Local SEO involves the fundamentals. This guide explains how to do that.
- Where to Get Citations: Citations, are the lifeblood of local search. This Moz guide gives a plan for identifying and building these references.
Guides: A Collection of UX Guides Created by Google for Select Industries
- UX Playbook for Finance
- UX Playbook for Lead Gen
- UX Playbook for News & Content Sites
- UX Playbook for Real Estate
- UX Playbook for Retail
- UX Playbook for Travel
It will never be easier to be an SEO expert without these courses. SEO is a must for today. Take advantage of it. Push yourself with the knowledge to succeed. You won’t regret it.
Oh! Forgot to tell this. I’ve written some SEO articles for a long time. This website has some cool SEO articles to be an SEO expert in Bangladesh. Just read these articles. You’ll understand, why it will help you.
Related SEO Resources:
- Beginners Guide to SEO
- SEO Content Strategy
- SEO Services in Bangladesh
- Youtube SEO Ranking Factors
- SEO in Bangladesh
- Best FREE SEO Tools (Update 2019)
- 15 SEO Tips for Web Developer
- 5 SEO Basics You need to learn first
- How to do Youtube SEO
Loved the article? Do comment and share!